Terms & Conditions
Budget Floors Pty Ltd
841A PRINCES HIGHWAY, SPRINGVALE, VICTORIA 3171
ABN 70 644 626 004
Installation terms and conditions –
Flooring installation terms and conditions and your rights as a customer valid as of 31/03/2021 – subject to change without notice. Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled: • to cancel your service contract with us; and to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value. You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
- By signing this service contract you agree that you have read, understood and are bound by the following terms and conditions for having your floors installed by Budget Floors Pty Ltd referred to as Budget floors in this document.
- All installations undertaken by Budget Floors are performed by subcontractors (also referred to as “installers” in this document) on behalf of Budget Floors. Installers who subcontract for Budget Floors carry their own public liability insurance. For any queries please contact Budget Floors.
- A 50% deposit is required to place an installation order with payment in full due 48 hours prior to installation commencing. There is no cooling-off period. Deposits are non-refundable for change of mind (this includes when the flooring is no longer required, even when due to circumstances beyond your control). For your rights as a consumer please refer to the ACCC
- Standard floating flooring installation (installation of a floating floor over underlay and installation of accessories as required – quads/scotia and trims from our standard range will be included in the cost) will be charged at $25m2 unless otherwise stated on your order or if your measured area to be installed is less than 18m2 where a minimum installation cost of $450 will be applied. Glue down/Direct stick installation charges can only be advised after a site visit has been conducted.
- Installation prices do not include the following – work conducted on stairs (this is quoted separately on each step basis), levelling, subfloor preparation, removal and disposal of existing floor coverings, door shaving (when the overall height of the floor is raised), removal and/or installation of skirting boards.
- All floating flooring will be installed with a minimum expansion gap of 10mm from all external doorways, other types of flooring (e.g. tiles, carpet), walls etc. Door Jambs and architraves and similar will also need to be undercut to allow for this expansion.
- Skirting boards can generally be removed and/or replaced for an extra charge. Please note that while all efforts are made to remove/replace skirting as cleanly as possible we will not be held responsible for any damage that occurs during this process. We are not responsible for painting the skirting after they are installed and the customer will need to engage a painter to paint them after the skirtings are installed.
- Carpet installed over underlay (not glued down) can be removed and disposed of for an additional $7m2. Any carpet installed with glue or other methods that fastens it down more securely than the standard method of installation will incur an additional cost which we may not be able to advise until we begin to remove the carpet. This will be payable immediately before the works continue. We cannot move or dispose off carpet that has been removed. If you choose to remove your own carpet in areas where floating flooring is to be installed you must remove the smooth edge (ply with tacks to hold the carpet down sticking out of it) prior to us commencing work.
- Removal and disposal of existing floating floors and other floor coverings such as tiles, vinyl will be quoted on a job-to-job basis.
- If existing floor coverings need to be removed it is possible that further work will be required to ensure the subfloor is in a suitable condition to have your flooring installed on top of it. This is not always possible to determine until we have commenced the job. Any levelling required that is not included in the original order will incur an additional cost, payable to Budget Floors. This may also increase the duration of the installation.
- Budget Floors cannot organise installation in Apartments for retail customers.
- All installation comes with a workmanship warranty of 12 months. Any costs associated with any rectification work required other than the labour, removal of existing flooring, supply and install of new flooring should a warranty claim be acknowledged. Re-painting, removal of fixtures or furniture, accommodation and any other similar cost is specifically excluded from this warranty.
- Adequate and safe access to the property, including parking, lighting and power must be provided by the customer to ensure completion of the work:
- Installers will not walk over uneven or muddy ground to reach the property. In instances where fresh concrete has been poured, it’s customer’s responsibility to let Budget Floors know as we will not install floor coverings until it has completely set and is suitable for vehicles to be driven over it.
- If the installers arrive at the property as scheduled to commence the work and cannot access the property adequately or safely, a charge of $200 will be applied to reschedule the installation.
- Customer must 48 hour’s notice if you wish to postpone an installation that has been booked in with us. All installations cancelled with less than 48 hour’s notice will incur a $200 cancellation fee, payable before the installation can be re-booked.
- Installation of your floorboards and other works undertaken by the installer will cause some mess/dust in the areas used for preparation and where the installation is taking place. While all efforts are made to clean up the majority of any mess, dust and debris caused by the installation, cutting of your floorboards and other works undertaken by the installer, we will not be held responsible for any mess, dust and debris left onsite at the completion of the job.
- Please note that dust caused by the installation of flooring has been known to set off smoke detectors. It is your responsibility to ensure any smoke detectors on site are isolated as per the relevant regulations and guidelines for your location and device. Any fines/charges incurred due to the attendance of the CFA/MFB or similar as a result of dust setting off a smoke detector will be payable by the customer and not by Budget Floors.
- Installers will not move furniture as needed to complete your installation. Please organise to have all furniture removed prior from the areas where installation will take place.
- If there are noise restrictions for works undertaken on your building it is your responsibility to let us know what hours our installers can work between. Any fines issued as a result of noise made during the installation process will be payable by the customer and not by Budget Floors.
- The tools used in the installation process can be sharp and dangerous and we do not accept any responsibility for injuries that could occur to children, pets and people on the premises while the work is taking place.
- By signing this contract you agree that any photos taken before, during and after the work is undertaken at the site can be used on Budget Floor’s website and social media accounts. Customer needs to let us know in advance if they do not consent to photos being uploaded Budget Floor’s website and social media accounts.